Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hey, Make a Wish!



A few days ago I had the privilege of taking a day trip to Griswold CT to Buttonwood Farm for their Sunflowers for Wishes event. There was a huge field covered in massive sunflowers which I was able to take a hayride through. The event goes from July 17th to the 25th (unfortunately, that's howlong the sunflowers stay in bloom) and I believe I'm going again today! If you have the chance, go, because ALL proceeds from the sunflowers support the Make A Wish Foundation. It felt great to support such an amazing cause and it was such a nice ride for a day trip.
In addition to the sunflowers, Buttonwood Farm
s had the BEST farm-fresh ice cream I have EVER had. I am quite the fan of ice cream, so I don't just toss those words around. They had over 40 original ice creams, fro-yo's, and sorbets. Yum :)

1 comment:

  1. Frodo Baggins?

    I hope you made a wish for me to have girlfriends aplenty this coming year.

    -Charles Dipar

    ReplyDelete