Monday, August 23, 2010

Resolutions


Sitting, back hunched, beside myself with apathy,
my fingers clench a pen that I wrap around that one tendril of mine.
I can't remember my natural hair color and that bothers me,
further provoking my agitation.
Where did I shift, or alter,
slow like a mighty mountain to release earth-shattering change.
I am not a perfect statue gracing the world,
and I am not where I should be in the grand scheme of things.
The ink from my pen spits in my hand,
licking and feeding today's new wounds.
If I had the drive to make a resolution,
it would be to connect and become an active part of the day.
I am no longer a witness to the crumbling formations
that construct my life.
I swear though, I will grow to be as attached as I am to this pen,
churning out ideas, writing my flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment